UK’s CLANDESTINE ENTRANT CIVIL PENALTY SCHEME:
The UK Government has announced a package of reforms to the Clandestine Entrant Civil Penalty Scheme. The changes to the Scheme will be effective from Monday 13 February.
These reforms are part of the UK Government’s continued fight against illegal migration and the criminal gangs behind it.
Following a public consultation in the summer of 2022, the changes that are being made include:
- New maximum penalties for carrying a clandestine migrant
- A new penalty for failing to adequately secure a goods vehicle
- New regulations setting out vehicle security standards
- A new code of practice setting out circumstances in which the level of a penalty could be reduced
- New guidance for hauliers available in multiple languages
You can also find more information on the UK Government’s website:
The Home Office is also hosting briefing sessions via Teams video on
- Tuesday 24th January [11:00 – 12:00 GMT] and
- Thursday 26th January [13:00-14:00 GMT]
If you would like to register for one of these sessions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Comments are closed.