Innovation is crucial tool in improving productivity, reducing costs and driving sustainability. However, it can also be a daunting task for businesses to adapt to new technologies or ways of working. During Cold Chain Innovation Week, we will be joined by a host of special guests including innovators, authorities on risk and operators to take an in depth look at the latest innovations in the cold chain and how businesses can take advantage of the benefits they present. Carry on reading to find all the details about this year’s webinars.
INNOVATION IN FIRE PROTECTION
We kick off Cold Chain Innovation week with a look at how suppliers can help operators to make the leap from using traditional solutions to new innovations. CCF Chief Executive Phil Pluck will lead the discussion on how Wagner support their customers to take advantage of new approaches to fire protection. We will also be joined by experts from Marsh Commercial, who will look at how innovations can impact the insurance risk profile of a business.
- Phil Pluck, Chief Executive, Cold Chain Federation
- Jesper Hansen, Global Account Director Fire Protection Solutions for Cold Chain Operations
- Ben Davies, Client Executive, Commercial & Corporate, Marsh Commercial
Wednesday 7th February – COLD CHAIN CONVERSATION WITH DFDS
How does a multi modal and multi-national business like DFDS approach innovation? Our second session features a conversation with DFDS, who were the inaugural winners of the Sustainable Cold Storage Operator of the Year Award. In this conversation with CCF Executive Director Tom Southall, we will look at the importance of innovation to DFDS’s business strategy, dive into the specific innovations which helped them scoop the award and what technologies could be gamechangers in 2024.
- Ian Woodward, Head of Projects & Continuous Improvement (UK)
- Mads Skovsgaard Rasmussen, Innovation Project Manager
- Ilary Ranalli, Head of Decarbonisation
Thursday 8th February – THE LATEST INNOVATIONS IN COLD CHAIN AND HOW BUSINESSES CAN ADOPT THEM
Rapid innovation is changing how we operate the cold chain and reducing our impact on the environment. But it can be daunting keeping on top of the latest developments and weighing up what technologies to trial or implement as part of your CSR strategy.
In the final session of Cold Chain Innovation Week, CCF Communications Manager, Liam Challenger, will host a panel of innovator spanning the breadth of cold storage and transport refrigeration. The panel, including winners from our inaugural Sustainability Awards, will discuss cutting edge technologies, how they impact emissions in the cold chain and how businesses can assess all the options available to plot their journey to net zero.
- Liam Challenger, Communications Manager, Cold Chain Federation
- Peter Staines, Renewables Technical Manager, Marshall Fleet Solutions
- Joanne Swift, Group Sustainability Manager, The P&M Group
- Ian Merchant, National Projects Sales Manager – Cold Chain, SSI Schaefer
COLD CHAIN CONVERSATIONS IN ASSOCIATION WITH OUR COLD CHAIN PLATINUM CLUB PARTNERS