As you would imagine, there is a fair amount of data collection to be done before you can join the Climate Change Agreement, but it is well worth investing the time as the savings are significant.
A CCA will give you up to an 90% reduction on the CCL that you currently pay on your energy bills. The current CCL rate is 0.81p per kWh, therefore, you will save up to 0.729p per kWh. To put this into more practical terms, the following are examples of site savings:
- Energy Consumption of 25 million kWh gives a saving of over £180,000 per year
- Energy Consumption of 10 million kWh gives a saving of over £70,000 per year
- Energy Consumption of 3 million kWh gives a saving of over £20,000 per year
To qualify for these savings you must meet the government’s target of 6.67% reduction in relative energy usage by 2022 against the base year of 2018. If you don’t meet the target, there is a scheme to buy carbon which protects your CCL discount.
Registration of Interest
The first step in the process to apply to join the Cold Chain Federation Climate Change Agreement is to complete a Registration of Interest form. You will need to supply the following information:
- Company name and address
- Contact details
- Estimation of annual energy consumption in kWh for 2018
- Size of your cold store in cubic metres
- A brief description of your process
- Whether your site is a Greenfield site or not.
The deadline for submitting your Registration of Interest to the Federation is 31st July 2020.
Once this form has been received our experts will contact you to run through the next steps in making the application to join the Cold Chain Federation Climate Change Agreement. If you have any questions, please do get in touch with us
T 0118 988 4468